Jorge Navarro has had so far a very encouraging start to the 2018 Moto2 World Championship as the Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 rider was one of the protagonists of today’s qualifying at the Losail International Circuit by claiming seventh place on the grid for tomorrow’s opening race of the season.
One year ago, Navarro’s debut Moto2 qualifying session ended up with a seventeenth spot on the grid; over the course of last year he managed to qualify better than today only in two occasions – at Brno (5th) and Aragon (6th).
With a 2’01.038secs lap-time, Navarro finished only seven tenths of a second away from Alex Marquez’s pole position, but most of all only 0.2secs from the front row. Tomorrow, starting from 17:20 local time (GMT +1), Navarro will start the hunt for points in the first Moto2 race of the year.
7th – JORGE NAVARRO #9
“The weekend started on a high, although on both FP2 and FP3 I wasn’t feeling too comfortable on the bike. There was something that wasn’t working perfectly, so we went for a big change for qualifying. I got used to the new set up quite quickly and already on the second lap we were able to log a good time. I must admit that the feeling changes a lot with different tyres on, but I have a good set up for tomorrow and a good pace, so I hope we’ll have a great race.”
- Albert Arenas picks up hard earned point in Texas April 22, 2018
- Arón Canet finishes eighth in Austin April 22, 2018
- Superb races by Alex Márquez and Joan Mir in Texas April 22, 2018
- WorldSBK Assen, Sunday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 22, 2018
- Alex Márquez qualifies on pole position in Texas, Joan Mir starts from 5th April 22, 2018
- Marc Marquez takes pole at Austin but will start from 4th on the grid, Dani Pedrosa grabs 3rd row start April 22, 2018
- Viñales on Yamaha: “We’re coming” April 22, 2018
- Through the pain barrier: Pedrosa's superhuman performance April 22, 2018
- Bagnaia vs Marquez: a battle royal in Austin April 22, 2018
- Closing in at COTA: Marquez takes Texas, Dovi takes the lead April 22, 2018
- Martin pulls the pin to perfection in a classic Texan tangle April 22, 2018
- Viñales on Marquez' tail in Texas Warm Up April 22, 2018