Day 2 at Losail International Circuit brought difficult conditions with high temperatures and low grip in FP3, and strong winds and sand storms in FP4. Due to this, no rider was able to improve on their Friday times in these early sessions, which meant a direct passage to Q2 for Team SUZUKI ECSTAR, and allowed more time to finalise settings ahead of the opening race of the season.
Both Alex Rins and Andrea Iannone tried different configurations of aerodynamic fairing, with and without ‘wings’. Alex Rins has been strong throughout the weekend so far, and he was able to carry this form into a fast-paced Q2 session. When the chequered flag went out he held onto 6th place and a second row start – his best in MotoGP. He has hovered around the Top 5 all weekend and is feeling good for tomorrow’s race.
“I’m feeling incredible, this is my best qualifying result in MotoGP, so I think that this weekend has been going really well, one of the best of my MotoGP career. I think tomorrow the race will be difficult, but I’ll try to give my maximum and try to make a good start and fight with the front guys. I think Top 5 is possible, we have nothing to lose, so I’ll try to learn from the fastest guys and give my best.”
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo ends the Texan race in eleventh April 23, 2018
- Aprilia on track testing at COTA April 23, 2018
- Crutchlow remains close in the standings despite COTA crash April 23, 2018
- Leader of the pack: Dovi weighs in after the Americas GP April 23, 2018
- Two Americans selected for Yamaha VR46 Master Camp April 23, 2018
- Elias strikes back in Race 2 April 23, 2018
- Behind the scenes of the official MotoGP™ videogame April 23, 2018