Jorge Martín started the new Moto3 season where he left off the last one in Valencia, on the top step of the podium. The Spaniard broke his duck in that 2017 finale and now he has a second win to his name, this time by just 0.023 seconds from his compatriot Aron Canet. The pair were joined in the battle for the lead during the early stages by Enea Bastianini, who crashed after a few laps, as Lorenzo dalla Porta secured the final spot on the podium following a ten-rider scrap for third place.
Andrea Migno was the only Ángel Nieto Team rider in the race today after Albert Arenas fractured his collarbone in the warm-up. The Spaniard went to ground after touching with another rider and took the impact on his right shoulder.
Albert Arenas (DNS):
“I have missed the race here in Qatar because of a crash during warm-up, when I suffered a slight fracture to my collarbone, which ruled me out of the race.It is a shame and I feel very frustrated because we had worked so hard all weekend to be ready for the race. Anyway, we have eighteen more races this season so now we have to look to the future. Luckily it’s not a displaced fracture so it is not a big issue. Otherwise I am okay, it was just my shoulder that took the impact.”
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo ends the Texan race in eleventh April 23, 2018
- Under the radar: Miller overcomes injury in Texas April 24, 2018
- More points for KTM in Texas April 24, 2018
- Aprilia on track testing at COTA April 23, 2018
- Crutchlow remains close in the standings despite COTA crash April 23, 2018
- Leader of the pack: Dovi weighs in after the Americas GP April 23, 2018
- Two Americans selected for Yamaha VR46 Master Camp April 23, 2018