Alonso López was having a positive debut until his crash on Lap 11. Starting from twenty-second position on the grid, the Repsol rider was up into fourteenth after overtaking seven rivals by the end of Lap 1.
“It was very exciting to be on the starting grid and I was surprised because I didn’t feel nervous. During the weekend I had a bit of trouble getting on the pace, but in the warm up we found an improvement for the setup that helped us with that. I concentrated on making a very good start and I was in a good spot between the first and second corner, gaining many positions. I was forcing things a bit on the brakes and, when trying to overtake another rider, he closed us off. His front wheel touched me and I crashed. I’m happy with the weekend, because we gained experience and we were able to learn a new circuit. In the FIM CEV Repsol I had very tough rivals, like Foggia and Masia, and in the group in which I rode today the level was similar -although I think that riding with the frontrunners will be a little more difficult.”
- Moto2™: Victory the next step for man of the moment Navarro?
- “If you’re not crashing, you’re not going fast enough”
- Edwards: “The few years I had with Valentino were awesome”
- Moto2™/Moto3™ Barcelona test photo gallery
- De Puniet looking forward to a “great fight” in MotoE™
- Round 2: the British Talent Cup touches down in Donington
- Moto2™ and Moto3™ finish first day of testing in Barcelona
- “Our priority is Pecco and Miller, but Miller doesn't agree”