Only 23 thousandths of a second separated Arón Canet from his first victory of the year, as he and compatriot Jorge Martín crossed the line almost side-by-side.
The pair had ridden by themselves for practically the entire race, having broken away from the pack.
The fastest lap of the race -2:06.373- was set by Canet on Lap 4, whilst he climbed up the order to catch the leaders.
“The race was quite tough, because I didn’t start well and that forced me to fight back to catch the front group with Martin and Bastianini. All three of us rode together very well, until Bastianini crashed in front of me, and that made me lose some time. I was able to recover the distance between Martin and myself, and I decided to stay behind him, because he had a good pace. I was waiting to overtake him on the home straight, as that was the best strategy. When we tried it, there was a headwind and it was not possible, but we have taken 20 points and that’s what’s important.”
- Now or never: who can stop Marquez’ march towards the crown?
- Motegi: no margin to play it safe
- A dark horse no more: ‘Diggia’ homes in on the top
- Raffin takes title in Albacete
- 2018 MotoGP™ eSport Championship: second half of the season
- Contrasting fortunes
- New adventure in store for Team Trentino Gresini MotoE
- Tom Booth-Amos joins CIP – Green Power for 2019