Only 23 thousandths of a second separated Arón Canet from his first victory of the year, as he and compatriot Jorge Martín crossed the line almost side-by-side.
The pair had ridden by themselves for practically the entire race, having broken away from the pack.
The fastest lap of the race -2:06.373- was set by Canet on Lap 4, whilst he climbed up the order to catch the leaders.
“The race was quite tough, because I didn’t start well and that forced me to fight back to catch the front group with Martin and Bastianini. All three of us rode together very well, until Bastianini crashed in front of me, and that made me lose some time. I was able to recover the distance between Martin and myself, and I decided to stay behind him, because he had a good pace. I was waiting to overtake him on the home straight, as that was the best strategy. When we tried it, there was a headwind and it was not possible, but we have taken 20 points and that’s what’s important.”
- WorldSBK Assen, Day 2: Rea roars to eighth consecutive TT Assen win April 21, 2018
- Alvaro Bautista sets to work on difficult day one in Austin April 21, 2018
- Marc Marquez second-fastest at a dusty Austin track, Dani Pedrosa a brave 10th April 21, 2018
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, free practice roundup: MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 April 21, 2018
- Alex Rins shows strong pace in Texas April 21, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo 7th in practice for Texas GP April 21, 2018
- Front row qualifying for "surprised" McPhee April 21, 2018
- Sparks fly as Viñales leads the rebellion at the AmericasGP! April 21, 2018
- Masterful Marquez edges out Lowes in QP April 21, 2018
- Perfect ten: Martin takes pole in mad dash to slicks April 21, 2018
- Pol Espargaro takes first KTM Q2 of the year April 21, 2018
- Marquez top, but Viñales right in the hunt in FP4 April 21, 2018