The Grand Prix of Argentina will see the first pole in the World Championship for the Italian Tony Arbolino, who was the only Rider to dip under 1’54 in qualifying practice at the Autodromo Termas de Río Hondo. The Italian set his fastest time on the twelfth lap of a total of seventeen, with rain preventing the teams from improving their times in the latter stages. Next to him, Marco Bezzecchi continues his early form with a front row start, alongside the Spanish-Argentine Gabriel Rodrigo. Jorge Martín and Aron Canet, leader and second in the World Championship respectively, will start from the third row.
The Angel Nieto Team is ready to race in Argentina, after both Andrea Migno and Albert Arenas managed to improve their performance on this second day. The pair were less than a second off the leader, cutting the gap to the top compared to yesterday. Albert Arenas will start on fourth row, in twelfth position. The Spaniard continues to feel good with the bike after the collarbone injury and tomorrow he hopes to complete a good race.
12th Albert Arenas 1:54.649 (11 laps):
“I’m happy with how it went today, we were able to ride well without making mistakes. I felt comfortable with the bike, I could do with it what I wanted and that has helped me to qualify well. I think we have done a good job, setting a good time at the beginning, because after the rain we could not improve. I want to make a good race tomorrow.”
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo ends the Texan race in eleventh April 23, 2018
- Under the radar: Miller overcomes injury in Texas April 24, 2018
- More points for KTM in Texas April 24, 2018
- Aprilia on track testing at COTA April 23, 2018
- Crutchlow remains close in the standings despite COTA crash April 23, 2018
- Leader of the pack: Dovi weighs in after the Americas GP April 23, 2018
- Two Americans selected for Yamaha VR46 Master Camp April 23, 2018