The rain finally appeared during the second day at Termas de Río Hondo in Argentina. Iker Lecuona made another strong impression on Saturday morning, finishing in fifth place, a result he didn’t reach in the afternoon. He will start from 21st on the starting grid, more than a second behind his British teammate.
The Moto2 riders will be back on track on Sunday for the warm-up, which will precede the second race of the 2018 campaign which will start at 13:20 local time.
Iker Lecuona (21st – 1’58.614):
“The morning wasn’t too wrong. The conditions were mixed, so it was easy to make a mistake. I was sliding a little at the acceleration, I almost crashed, but I managed to save it. This afternoon, I don’t really know what happened. I’ve had a lot of trouble. I changed my tyres, but as the rain got heavier I couldn’t improve. We’ll do our best for the race.”
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo ends the Texan race in eleventh April 23, 2018
- Under the radar: Miller overcomes injury in Texas April 24, 2018
- More points for KTM in Texas April 24, 2018
- Aprilia on track testing at COTA April 23, 2018
- Crutchlow remains close in the standings despite COTA crash April 23, 2018
- Leader of the pack: Dovi weighs in after the Americas GP April 23, 2018
- Two Americans selected for Yamaha VR46 Master Camp April 23, 2018