The Termas de Rio Hondo Circuit proves once again to be a challenging track – especially with regards to weather conditions. Today’s Moto3 qualifying made no exception, with mixed conditions throughout the whole session and the arrival of rain with six minutes to go that ruined the plans of Team Del Conca Gresini Moto3 and their riders.
Despite proving to be able to ride at the front during practice, Jorge Martin’s performance was affected by weather. The winner of the opening GP will therefore move off from row three, with his time being only 0.058s shy of front row.
The second race of the 2018 Moto3 World Championship will get underway tomorrow at 12:00 local time (GMT -3).
“It was quite a complicated day. I didn’t feel comfortable this morning on wet conditions but we worked well and we were ready for qualifying. Unfortunately, the rained has ruined our plans for the end of the session. It’s not a disaster, anyway: the third row is still OK. If we race on the dry we’ll be able to challenge for a strong result, whereas if it rains we’ll aim at scoring as many points as possible.”
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo ends the Texan race in eleventh April 23, 2018
- Under the radar: Miller overcomes injury in Texas April 24, 2018
- More points for KTM in Texas April 24, 2018
- Aprilia on track testing at COTA April 23, 2018
- Crutchlow remains close in the standings despite COTA crash April 23, 2018
- Leader of the pack: Dovi weighs in after the Americas GP April 23, 2018
- Two Americans selected for Yamaha VR46 Master Camp April 23, 2018