The second qualifying session of the 2018 Moto2 World Championship has brought a good result to the Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 team, as Jorge Navarro managed to claim fifth on the grid after a session which was heavily affected by rain.
Yesterday, the young Spanish rider had already shown some promising potential on the dry, and further confirmation arrived this morning under mix conditions (10th time) and most of all during the final session of the day, where Navarro was at times on a potential front row – courtesy of an excellent, final quick-lap attempt.
With a very interesting race pace on mixed conditions and a positive feeling on the dry, Navarro will aim at a strong result tomorrow in the Moto2 race of the #ArgentinaGP, which will get underway at 13:20 local time.
5th – JORGE NAVARRO #9
“Today has been without a doubt a complicated day due to the weather conditions here at Termas. This morning the feeling with the rear-end of the bike wasn’t ideal, but with the changes made for qualifying things have improved almost immediately. I got to grips well to the wet conditions and found an encouraging fifth place. We are ready for both dry and wet tomorrow, so I hope we’ll do a good job.”
- Marquez: “I feel really good on the bike”
- Best photos: Aragon GP
- Deniz Öncü first and looking for second in Aragon 1
- 10 things to know ahead the GP Movistar de Aragon
- Rossi: “I didn’t have the pace for Q2”
- Jake Dixon to make Moto2™ move with Angel Nieto Team
- Viñales and Morbidelli handed grid penalties
- Brilliant Binder leaves it late to take pole