Marco Bezzecchi scored the first victory of the season for KTM in the second race of the year, which took place today in Argentina. Bezzecchi made a break from his rivals from the first moment of a crazy race, in which the weather conditions played a prominent role. Jorge Martín risked changing tyres from wet to dry just before starting the race, and started the race from the pit lane. The Spaniard was able to come back little by little and in the final part of the race he caught the group that was fighting for tenth position to finish eleventh, some way behind the second place of Aron Canet, one of his main rivals for the title. Fabio di Giannantonio completed the podium at the Autodromo Termas de Río Hondo.
Andrea Migno was back in the points in this second race of the season, a mixed affair that saw him as high up as eighth and as low down as eighteenth position. The Angel Nieto Team rider eventually finished the Argentine race in the ‘12 + 1’ position, after a late comeback that brought him back to the points. His teammate Albert Arenas, who was also in the second group throughout the race, was unable to open his points account after missing the Qatar Grand Prix. The Spaniard was running thirteenth when he was knocked to the ground by another rider during a risky overtake. Thankfully he suffered no physical consequences after only just returning from a collarbone injury.
Albert Arenas (DNF):
“I was in a group that was fighting for tenth position. After losing some ground on the first lap, I had a hard time catching them. We fought a lot in the group and a touch with another rider left me with no options. I had dodged one fall previously, it is what happens in the second group, you get into silly battles. That is why I tried to pull clear of the group, to avoid it, but it was not possible. I was entering the corner, I saw everyone braking late, and in the end I was touched and the bike was gone. Luckily, I did not hit anything. I’m happy with the weekend in general, but wanting to get back on track in the United States.”
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo ends the Texan race in eleventh April 23, 2018
- Under the radar: Miller overcomes injury in Texas April 24, 2018
- More points for KTM in Texas April 24, 2018
- Aprilia on track testing at COTA April 23, 2018
- Crutchlow remains close in the standings despite COTA crash April 23, 2018
- Leader of the pack: Dovi weighs in after the Americas GP April 23, 2018
- Two Americans selected for Yamaha VR46 Master Camp April 23, 2018