Light rain greeted the MotoGP teams this morning at the Termas de Rio Hondo circuit and the weather conditions failed to change much throughout the day. As a result the third free practice session didn’t allow the riders to improve on their times set yesterday and so both Andrea Dovizioso and Jorge Lorenzo had to take part in the early afternoon’s first qualifying session.
Lorenzo had to settle for fourth place, which gave him a row 5 grid slot for tomorrow’s race. Jack Miller powered his way to a spectacular pole position on the Pramac Racing Team Ducati, the Australian taking a big risk by bolting on slicks for his second run, but he mastered the tricky conditions on his Desmosedici GP to grab the quickest time in 1’47.153.
Jorge Lorenzo (Ducati Team #99): 14th (1’50.063)
“It was another difficult day for us. This morning the conditions were very strange, with the track half-dry and half-wet, and we struggled to find a good feeling. In the afternoon, with the track even wetter, we were quite quick and in Q1, when an almost dry line had formed on the track, I was first before returning to the pits. Unfortunately, because of a misunderstanding with my team who put a soft rear on instead of a medium one, I could only improve by half-a-second and that wasn’t enough to go through to Q2. In any case let’s hope it doesn’t rain tomorrow, so that I can get the best out of the warm-up and improve the bike for the race.”
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo ends the Texan race in eleventh April 23, 2018
- Under the radar: Miller overcomes injury in Texas April 24, 2018
- More points for KTM in Texas April 24, 2018
- Aprilia on track testing at COTA April 23, 2018
- Crutchlow remains close in the standings despite COTA crash April 23, 2018
- Leader of the pack: Dovi weighs in after the Americas GP April 23, 2018
- Two Americans selected for Yamaha VR46 Master Camp April 23, 2018