Despite a slightly wet track, the second race of the season at Termas de Río Hondo in Argentina was declared dry.
From the seventh row, Iker had an excellent start, and passed many of his rivals lap by lap. In tenth position with nine laps remaining, Iker Lecuona fought hard for ninth place with Marcel Schrötter and Francesco Bagnaia. A few laps before the end, he finally had to accept to finish in 11th. After Losail’s misfortune, Lecuona scored the best result of his Grand Prix racing career.
The two Swiss Innovative Investors KTM team’s riders are now heading to the United States for the third round of the season at Austin.
Iker Lecuona (11th):
“The warm-up was complicated, the conditions were mixed. Before the race, I was able to assess some sectors during the sighting lap. After the start, I immediately set my pace by overtaking one or two of my rivals at a time. The group I was in was fast; there were Bagnaia, Schrötter and Kent. I rode to the limit until the end, there were some risky overtaking. But overall I’m happy. This 11th place is my best result in Grand Prix racing and I am very pleased with it.”
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo ends the Texan race in eleventh April 23, 2018
- Under the radar: Miller overcomes injury in Texas April 24, 2018
- More points for KTM in Texas April 24, 2018
- Aprilia on track testing at COTA April 23, 2018
- Crutchlow remains close in the standings despite COTA crash April 23, 2018
- Leader of the pack: Dovi weighs in after the Americas GP April 23, 2018
- Two Americans selected for Yamaha VR46 Master Camp April 23, 2018