Qualifying for the Moto3 Grand Prix Of The Americas was a session of two parts, due to rain at the Texan track that hosts this weekend’s event. Jorge Martín took pole position, whilst Arón Canet and John McPhee completed the front row. Philipp Öttl was the first rider to take a gamble on a switch to slicks, and although he was initially more than three seconds quicker than the rest of the field, he closed the session in eleventh position.
The Ángel Nieto Team will start from the sixth and eighth rows of grid at COTA on Sunday. Albert Arenas will start from the eighth row after a session in which he has obtained a totally different feeling than he had in the morning session.
24th Albert Arenas 2:21.021 (13 laps):
“I’m disappointed with the result from qualifying, because this morning we’d found our way and I felt ready to push. When we began lowering our times in qualifying, it was a completely different situation and I didn’t feel at all good. We have to analyse what happened, because everything changed from one session to the next and I wasn’t able to give my all.”
- 16:30 in Qatar: Petrucci tops the Day 2 timesheets
- Aprilia confirm Lorenzo Savadori as MotoGP™ test rider
- Battle ready: Suzuki secure 1-2 on opening day in Qatar
- Photo gallery: Qatar Test Day 1
- Midday: Dovizioso currently P1 as Qatar Test begins
- Moto2™, Moto3™ Official Jerez Test photo gallery
- Ogura, McPhee and Rodrigo set 1:44s at Jerez Test
- Lap record sees Lüthi end Jerez Test at the summit