Despite a rainy morning, Sam Lowes and Iker Lecuona were once again in front in the final free practice session, ending in third and sixth respectively.
Iker Lecuona, who struggled in the afternoon to have a good feeling on his bike, still managed to score his best qualifying result with a 13th-place, eight tenths off the pole position.
Both Swiss Innovative Investors KTM team’s riders were pleased with their performance and are looking forward to the race tomorrow.
Iker Lecuona (13th – 2’11.421):
“We made some changes to the set-up of the bike this morning, especially the suspension, to help me in braking. These settings were positive. I finished sixth, but my pace was fast and consistent. After the rain, my feeling was not the same during qualifying. I’m not really happy with this 13th place, but this is my best result. The main thing will be to make it happen in the race.”
- Marquez: “I feel really good on the bike”
- Best photos: Aragon GP
- Deniz Öncü first and looking for second in Aragon 1
- 10 things to know ahead the GP Movistar de Aragon
- Rossi: “I didn’t have the pace for Q2”
- Jake Dixon to make Moto2™ move with Angel Nieto Team
- Viñales and Morbidelli handed grid penalties
- Brilliant Binder leaves it late to take pole