After two promising days in Austin, Iker Lecuona, made a great start on Sunday with a third-fastest time in the warm-up. In the race, the Spaniard, who started from 13th place on the grid, quickly set his pace against much more experienced rivals. In the sixth spot at the start of the final lap behind Brad Binder, he gave everything to take the advantage over the South African and score the best result of his Grand Prix career before going back home at the Jerez circuit.
The two Swiss Innovative Investors KTM team’s riders will be back on track in Andalusia from in two-week time for the first European round of the season.
Iker Lecuona (5th):
“I made a few tweaks to the bike in the warm-up to improve my feeling on the changes of direction. I finished the session in third, which was very promising for the race. I have lost a few places at the beginning, but step by step I was able to move up and get closer to the top. My lap times were consistent and I gave everything to follow Oliveira. I finally finished in fifth position, my best result! We will continue to work like this in Jerez.”
- Albert Arenas 1st in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Disappointing race for Iker Lecuona in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo takes the flag in sixth place at Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Alex Rins reaches target in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Tito Rabat leaves Le Mans without reward May 20, 2018
- Maverick Viñales 7th in Le Mans GP May 20, 2018
- Miller: “Seeing Marc the whole race was really nice” May 20, 2018
- Crutchlow: “They were panicking because I wanted to race!” May 20, 2018
- Contenders crash at Le Mans: Zarco, Dovi and Iannone May 20, 2018
- Marquez: strategic victory… and yet another save! May 20, 2018
- Bagnaia reigns supreme in France May 20, 2018
- Marquez equals Stoner as Rossi gets back on the podium May 20, 2018