After two promising days in Austin, Iker Lecuona, made a great start on Sunday with a third-fastest time in the warm-up. In the race, the Spaniard, who started from 13th place on the grid, quickly set his pace against much more experienced rivals. In the sixth spot at the start of the final lap behind Brad Binder, he gave everything to take the advantage over the South African and score the best result of his Grand Prix career before going back home at the Jerez circuit.
The two Swiss Innovative Investors KTM team’s riders will be back on track in Andalusia from in two-week time for the first European round of the season.
Iker Lecuona (5th):
“I made a few tweaks to the bike in the warm-up to improve my feeling on the changes of direction. I finished the session in third, which was very promising for the race. I have lost a few places at the beginning, but step by step I was able to move up and get closer to the top. My lap times were consistent and I gave everything to follow Oliveira. I finally finished in fifth position, my best result! We will continue to work like this in Jerez.”
- "I really wanted to do it" - Lorenzo on no wildcards in 2020
- Carlo Ubbiali: a career in photos
- MotoGP™ Legend Carlo Ubbiali passes away
- MotoGP™ riders prepped for more Catalunya action
- VR46 Academy back on track together at Misano
- “I didn't think he was Rossi level good”
- Motul Grand Prix of Japan cancelled
- Bendsneyder comes out on top in a British Moto2™ battle