Jorge Martin has literally dominated the Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas and, after the excellent pole position secured yesterday, he scored his second win of the season, the third in four races by counting in last year’s season finale at Valencia.
The Spanish rider of Team Del Conca Gresini made the right tyre choice today as he was one of the few to select the harder rear compound. After struggling a bit at the beginning – despite staying near the front – he unleashed all his potential in the final stages of the race and crossed the line with one and a half second margin over second position.
Courtesy of today’s win, Martin and Team Del Conca Gresini Moto3 return on top of the championship standings with 55 points – with Diggia 18 points behind in fourth. In the team standings, the Gresini team leads with 92 points and 31 over second position.
“The race was very hard at the beginning because I opted for the hard tyre. I did well in staying calm and avoiding any danger at the beginning, but then with five laps to go I gave 100% and try to pull away while setting my pace. It wasn’t easy because Bastianini was coming in strong, but today I felt untouchable. I would like to thank the team for giving me a perfect bike!”
- Albert Arenas 1st in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Disappointing race for Iker Lecuona in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo takes the flag in sixth place at Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Alex Rins reaches target in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Tito Rabat leaves Le Mans without reward May 20, 2018
- Maverick Viñales 7th in Le Mans GP May 20, 2018
- Miller: “Seeing Marc the whole race was really nice” May 20, 2018
- Crutchlow: “They were panicking because I wanted to race!” May 20, 2018
- Contenders crash at Le Mans: Zarco, Dovi and Iannone May 20, 2018
- Marquez: strategic victory… and yet another save! May 20, 2018
- Bagnaia reigns supreme in France May 20, 2018
- Marquez equals Stoner as Rossi gets back on the podium May 20, 2018