Jorge Martin has literally dominated the Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas and, after the excellent pole position secured yesterday, he scored his second win of the season, the third in four races by counting in last year’s season finale at Valencia.
The Spanish rider of Team Del Conca Gresini made the right tyre choice today as he was one of the few to select the harder rear compound. After struggling a bit at the beginning – despite staying near the front – he unleashed all his potential in the final stages of the race and crossed the line with one and a half second margin over second position.
Courtesy of today’s win, Martin and Team Del Conca Gresini Moto3 return on top of the championship standings with 55 points – with Diggia 18 points behind in fourth. In the team standings, the Gresini team leads with 92 points and 31 over second position.
“The race was very hard at the beginning because I opted for the hard tyre. I did well in staying calm and avoiding any danger at the beginning, but then with five laps to go I gave 100% and try to pull away while setting my pace. It wasn’t easy because Bastianini was coming in strong, but today I felt untouchable. I would like to thank the team for giving me a perfect bike!”
- "I really wanted to do it" - Lorenzo on no wildcards in 2020
- Carlo Ubbiali: a career in photos
- MotoGP™ Legend Carlo Ubbiali passes away
- MotoGP™ riders prepped for more Catalunya action
- VR46 Academy back on track together at Misano
- “I didn't think he was Rossi level good”
- Motul Grand Prix of Japan cancelled
- Bendsneyder comes out on top in a British Moto2™ battle