After picking up a second victory of the season in Austin, Jorge Martín’s good form continued at the Circuit de Jerez – Ángel Nieto today with his second pole position of the season. The Spaniard topped a close qualifying session with a best lap of 1’46.193 heading a group of 24 riders within the same second. German rider Philipp Öttl and Italy’s Fabio di Giannantonio complete the front row, ahead of an all-Italian second row in Niccolò Antonelli, Marco Bezzecchi and Ángel Nieto Team rider Andrea Migno.
24th Albert Arenas 1:47.282 (15 laps):
“We started strongly in qualifying, running up at the top in the early stages but then we struggled to find those extra couple of tenths that would have given us a much better position. We have to keep working to find them. Tomorrow we will have to come through the pack, it’s a shame we are starting so far back because our pace is good.”
- Moto2™ and Moto3™: KTM testing at Jerez
- Last call: what can we expect at the Qatar Test?
- Estrella Galicia 0,0 present 2019 project in Madrid
- 40 years, 23 seasons: a celebration of Rossi
- #Rossi40: All the birthday wishes from fans on social media
- Canal+: a new era of MotoGP™ coverage begins in France
- #Rossi40: 40 photos to celebrate 40 years
- The Team Kömmerling Gresini Moto3™ project is unveiled