After picking up a second victory of the season in Austin, Jorge Martín’s good form continued at the Circuit de Jerez – Ángel Nieto today with his second pole position of the season. The Spaniard topped a close qualifying session with a best lap of 1’46.193 heading a group of 24 riders within the same second. German rider Philipp Öttl and Italy’s Fabio di Giannantonio complete the front row, ahead of an all-Italian second row in Niccolò Antonelli, Marco Bezzecchi and Ángel Nieto Team rider Andrea Migno.
24th Albert Arenas 1:47.282 (15 laps):
“We started strongly in qualifying, running up at the top in the early stages but then we struggled to find those extra couple of tenths that would have given us a much better position. We have to keep working to find them. Tomorrow we will have to come through the pack, it’s a shame we are starting so far back because our pace is good.”
- The Nick Harris blog: Marc and Mike
- Changes to Moto2™ and Moto3™ regulations announced
- Cool-FAB Racing title goes to the final round
- Race 2 from Global Series Round 1: exciting and dramatic
- Fulfilled dream fuels Quartararo’s belief in beating Marquez
- Yamaha on song at Misano
- Re-live all the action from the 2019 Global Series Race 1
- Quartararo: one of the best rookies ever?