After an impressive opening day, Sam Lowes and Iker Lecuona had to deal with more challenging conditions during the qualifying session of the Spanish Grand Prix at Jerez.
Iker Lecuona also struggled to make it through Saturday afternoon in front of his home crowd. Two weeks after achieving the best result of his career in Austin, the young Spaniard will start from 19th place.
The Moto2 riders will be back on track on Sunday at 12:20 to kick off the fourth race of the season in Andalusia.
Iker Lecuona (19th – 1’42.798):
“The final free practice was pretty good. I finished 11th with consistent lap times. We planned to start the qualifying by doing a 14-lap run, but I had to stop after 6 or 7 due to some grip problems. I crashed and I didn’t really know why. I put a new tyre at the end of the session, but I didn’t get a good feeling. I’m sorry for the team, I’ll do my best for the race.”
- The Nick Harris blog: Marc and Mike
- Changes to Moto2™ and Moto3™ regulations announced
- Cool-FAB Racing title goes to the final round
- Race 2 from Global Series Round 1: exciting and dramatic
- Fulfilled dream fuels Quartararo’s belief in beating Marquez
- Yamaha on song at Misano
- Re-live all the action from the 2019 Global Series Race 1
- Quartararo: one of the best rookies ever?