After an impressive opening day, Sam Lowes and Iker Lecuona had to deal with more challenging conditions during the qualifying session of the Spanish Grand Prix at Jerez.
Iker Lecuona also struggled to make it through Saturday afternoon in front of his home crowd. Two weeks after achieving the best result of his career in Austin, the young Spaniard will start from 19th place.
The Moto2 riders will be back on track on Sunday at 12:20 to kick off the fourth race of the season in Andalusia.
Iker Lecuona (19th – 1’42.798):
“The final free practice was pretty good. I finished 11th with consistent lap times. We planned to start the qualifying by doing a 14-lap run, but I had to stop after 6 or 7 due to some grip problems. I crashed and I didn’t really know why. I put a new tyre at the end of the session, but I didn’t get a good feeling. I’m sorry for the team, I’ll do my best for the race.”
- Marquez: “I feel really good on the bike”
- Best photos: Aragon GP
- Deniz Öncü first and looking for second in Aragon 1
- 10 things to know ahead the GP Movistar de Aragon
- Rossi: “I didn’t have the pace for Q2”
- Jake Dixon to make Moto2™ move with Angel Nieto Team
- Viñales and Morbidelli handed grid penalties
- Brilliant Binder leaves it late to take pole