After an impressive opening day, Sam Lowes and Iker Lecuona had to deal with more challenging conditions during the qualifying session of the Spanish Grand Prix at Jerez.
Iker Lecuona also struggled to make it through Saturday afternoon in front of his home crowd. Two weeks after achieving the best result of his career in Austin, the young Spaniard will start from 19th place.
The Moto2 riders will be back on track on Sunday at 12:20 to kick off the fourth race of the season in Andalusia.
Iker Lecuona (19th – 1’42.798):
“The final free practice was pretty good. I finished 11th with consistent lap times. We planned to start the qualifying by doing a 14-lap run, but I had to stop after 6 or 7 due to some grip problems. I crashed and I didn’t really know why. I put a new tyre at the end of the session, but I didn’t get a good feeling. I’m sorry for the team, I’ll do my best for the race.”
- Albert Arenas 1st in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Disappointing race for Iker Lecuona in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo takes the flag in sixth place at Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Alex Rins reaches target in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Tito Rabat leaves Le Mans without reward May 20, 2018
- Maverick Viñales 7th in Le Mans GP May 20, 2018
- Miller: “Seeing Marc the whole race was really nice” May 20, 2018
- Crutchlow: “They were panicking because I wanted to race!” May 20, 2018
- Contenders crash at Le Mans: Zarco, Dovi and Iannone May 20, 2018
- Marquez: strategic victory… and yet another save! May 20, 2018
- Bagnaia reigns supreme in France May 20, 2018
- Marquez equals Stoner as Rossi gets back on the podium May 20, 2018