It has been a Saturday to remember for Team Del Conca Gresini Moto3 at Jerez de la Frontera, with both riders able to secure a front-row start for tomorrow’s Moto3 race of the Spanish Grand Prix. High temperatures might have played a role in today’s action, however, making it a more complicated day at work for Martin and Di Giannantonio, who worked hard with the team to find the best grip on the recently-resurfaced track.
Jorge Martin proved once again to be simply unstoppable on the quick-lap attempt (1’46.193) and went very close to the Moto3 track record he set last year (1’46.004), but still equalled Sete Gibernau as the all-time Gresini rider with the highest number of pole positions (11).
Ironically enough, both riders were forced back to the pits to change the front fairing of their Honda NSF250RW machines: Martin hit the windshield with his helmet after a wobble, while Di Giannantonio’s fairing broke as a stone flicked up from the rear tyre of a rider ahead of him.
Team Del Conca Gresini Moto3’s charge to a possible third win of the season will begin tomorrow from 11:00 local time (GMT +2).
“It has been a difficult weekend, both due to weather and track conditions. We worked hard with the team to find back the feeling we had during winter testing and it wasn’t easy. Obviously I’m very happy with this eleventh-career pole, but tomorrow it won’t be easy: it’ll be important to do well in warm up already, as we lack some grip at the rear end and we must find it in order to be competitive.”
- Moto2™ and Moto3™: KTM testing at Jerez
- Last call: what can we expect at the Qatar Test?
- Estrella Galicia 0,0 present 2019 project in Madrid
- 40 years, 23 seasons: a celebration of Rossi
- #Rossi40: All the birthday wishes from fans on social media
- Canal+: a new era of MotoGP™ coverage begins in France
- #Rossi40: 40 photos to celebrate 40 years
- The Team Kömmerling Gresini Moto3™ project is unveiled