It has been a Saturday to remember for Team Del Conca Gresini Moto3 at Jerez de la Frontera, with both riders able to secure a front-row start for tomorrow’s Moto3 race of the Spanish Grand Prix. High temperatures might have played a role in today’s action, however, making it a more complicated day at work for Martin and Di Giannantonio, who worked hard with the team to find the best grip on the recently-resurfaced track.
Jorge Martin proved once again to be simply unstoppable on the quick-lap attempt (1’46.193) and went very close to the Moto3 track record he set last year (1’46.004), but still equalled Sete Gibernau as the all-time Gresini rider with the highest number of pole positions (11).
Ironically enough, both riders were forced back to the pits to change the front fairing of their Honda NSF250RW machines: Martin hit the windshield with his helmet after a wobble, while Di Giannantonio’s fairing broke as a stone flicked up from the rear tyre of a rider ahead of him.
Team Del Conca Gresini Moto3’s charge to a possible third win of the season will begin tomorrow from 11:00 local time (GMT +2).
“It has been a difficult weekend, both due to weather and track conditions. We worked hard with the team to find back the feeling we had during winter testing and it wasn’t easy. Obviously I’m very happy with this eleventh-career pole, but tomorrow it won’t be easy: it’ll be important to do well in warm up already, as we lack some grip at the rear end and we must find it in order to be competitive.”
- Albert Arenas 1st in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Disappointing race for Iker Lecuona in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo takes the flag in sixth place at Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Alex Rins reaches target in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Tito Rabat leaves Le Mans without reward May 20, 2018
- Maverick Viñales 7th in Le Mans GP May 20, 2018
- Miller: “Seeing Marc the whole race was really nice” May 20, 2018
- Crutchlow: “They were panicking because I wanted to race!” May 20, 2018
- Contenders crash at Le Mans: Zarco, Dovi and Iannone May 20, 2018
- Marquez: strategic victory… and yet another save! May 20, 2018
- Bagnaia reigns supreme in France May 20, 2018
- Marquez equals Stoner as Rossi gets back on the podium May 20, 2018