The Moto3 race at the Spanish Grand Prix ended with an all-KTM podium after an incident involving Aron Canet, Jorge Martín, Tony Arbolino and Enea Bastianini saw a dramatic change to the look of the championship. With victory going to Philipp Öttl ahead of Marco Bezzecchi and Marcos Ramírez, it is the Italian youngster Bezzecchi who moves into the series lead after a run of three consecutive podiums.
Albert Arenas, meanwhile, was unable to finish the race after suffering tyre issues on the opening laps. The Spaniard came in to switch rubber but returned to the track a lap down.
Albert Arenas (DNF):
“I had a problem with the rear tyre in this race and in the end I had to retire. Already on the first lap it was sliding around on the throttle, which was very strange. I tried to keep going on the second lap but there was something happening in every corner. I left it to see if it came good but in the end I had to come into the box and change. I went back out in case there was something like a red flag but it didn’t happen. I felt strong today, we were ninth fastest in warm-up, but we have to keep working for Le Mans and I am sure we will get to where we deserve. We have to keep faith.”
- Albert Arenas 1st in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Disappointing race for Iker Lecuona in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo takes the flag in sixth place at Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Alex Rins reaches target in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Tito Rabat leaves Le Mans without reward May 20, 2018
- Maverick Viñales 7th in Le Mans GP May 20, 2018
- Miller: “Seeing Marc the whole race was really nice” May 20, 2018
- Crutchlow: “They were panicking because I wanted to race!” May 20, 2018
- Contenders crash at Le Mans: Zarco, Dovi and Iannone May 20, 2018
- Marquez: strategic victory… and yet another save! May 20, 2018
- Bagnaia reigns supreme in France May 20, 2018
- Marquez equals Stoner as Rossi gets back on the podium May 20, 2018