Perfect weather conditions greeted the Moto2 riders on the starting grid of the Spanish Grand Prix at the iconic Jerez circuit.
ker Lecuona gave it all in the final lap in front of his home crowd to beat Fabio Quartararo and claim the ninth place.
The two SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS team’s riders are thrilled with their performance in Jerez and are now focusing on the next round at Le Mans for the French Grand Prix.
Iker Lecuona (9th):
“A very difficult race. Even though I was far away on the grid, I made a great start and the first lap wasn’t that bad. I thought I would suffer from the front tyre, but actually I felt good. I mostly struggled with rear grip. I made a mistake shortly after mid-race and lost a few positions. I remained focused and managed. I made a nice battle with Quartararo until the finish line. I’m really happy and I want to thank everyone who came to support me, my friends and all my fans.”
- Albert Arenas 1st in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Disappointing race for Iker Lecuona in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo takes the flag in sixth place at Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Alex Rins reaches target in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Tito Rabat leaves Le Mans without reward May 20, 2018
- Maverick Viñales 7th in Le Mans GP May 20, 2018
- Miller: “Seeing Marc the whole race was really nice” May 20, 2018
- Crutchlow: “They were panicking because I wanted to race!” May 20, 2018
- Contenders crash at Le Mans: Zarco, Dovi and Iannone May 20, 2018
- Marquez: strategic victory… and yet another save! May 20, 2018
- Bagnaia reigns supreme in France May 20, 2018
- Marquez equals Stoner as Rossi gets back on the podium May 20, 2018