Perfect weather conditions greeted the Moto2 riders on the starting grid of the Spanish Grand Prix at the iconic Jerez circuit.
ker Lecuona gave it all in the final lap in front of his home crowd to beat Fabio Quartararo and claim the ninth place.
The two SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS team’s riders are thrilled with their performance in Jerez and are now focusing on the next round at Le Mans for the French Grand Prix.
Iker Lecuona (9th):
“A very difficult race. Even though I was far away on the grid, I made a great start and the first lap wasn’t that bad. I thought I would suffer from the front tyre, but actually I felt good. I mostly struggled with rear grip. I made a mistake shortly after mid-race and lost a few positions. I remained focused and managed. I made a nice battle with Quartararo until the finish line. I’m really happy and I want to thank everyone who came to support me, my friends and all my fans.”
- "I really wanted to do it" - Lorenzo on no wildcards in 2020
- Carlo Ubbiali: a career in photos
- MotoGP™ Legend Carlo Ubbiali passes away
- MotoGP™ riders prepped for more Catalunya action
- VR46 Academy back on track together at Misano
- “I didn't think he was Rossi level good”
- Motul Grand Prix of Japan cancelled
- Bendsneyder comes out on top in a British Moto2™ battle