Sam Lowes and Iker Lecuona lined up on the grid of the French Grand Prix at the Bugatti circuit under sunny weather and perfect conditions.
For Iker Lecuona, the race ended early as the young Spaniard crashed out in the third lap at the Garage Vert corner, whereas he was in 19th position.
After this difficult French round, the two SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS KTM team’s rider are now focused on the next race at Mugello, where they recently carried out two promising days of testing.
Iker Lecuona (DnF):
“In the warm-up, the bike was sliding a lot under acceleration and braking, it was really difficult. For the race, we made some tweaks to the set-up of the bike. I had a good feeling, but I was at the limit. I gave everything to pass a rider and I crashed. We’ll have to keep working at Mugello. I’m really sorry for the team.”
- Miller: “The new bike feels amazing”
- Best photos: Valencia Test Day 1
- “Sudden improvements” from new engine for Yamaha
- Valencia Test: Viñales quickest as rain stops play on Day 1
- 2019 is here: 10 talking points about the Valencia Test
- Time schedule: 2019 Valencia Test
- Moto2™: new engine, new era, new philosophy
- Triple crown: clean sweep for Honda in 2019