Sam Lowes and Iker Lecuona lined up on the grid of the French Grand Prix at the Bugatti circuit under sunny weather and perfect conditions.
For Iker Lecuona, the race ended early as the young Spaniard crashed out in the third lap at the Garage Vert corner, whereas he was in 19th position.
After this difficult French round, the two SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS KTM team’s rider are now focused on the next race at Mugello, where they recently carried out two promising days of testing.
Iker Lecuona (DnF):
“In the warm-up, the bike was sliding a lot under acceleration and braking, it was really difficult. For the race, we made some tweaks to the set-up of the bike. I had a good feeling, but I was at the limit. I gave everything to pass a rider and I crashed. We’ll have to keep working at Mugello. I’m really sorry for the team.”
- Summer report: Johann Zarco - refresh and restart
- MotoGP™ Test Teams ready to hit the track at the KymiRing
- Horsman comes out on top in dramatic Race 2 duel
- Seabright storms Snetterton
- 2020 aero body regulations revised
- Summer report: Jack Miller - satellite star
- Catalonia: a motorcycle racer's haven?
- Still ten to go