Everything that could happen, did happen on the last lap: Bezzecchi ended up crashing after being overtaken by Di Giannantonio – and his tumble basically took out of the equation Martin, who had the podium within grasp.
It was another weekend to forget for Martin – left empty-handed with no blame.
“Such back luck once again for me. Nevertheless, it was a difficult weekend so it felt good to be near the front battling for the win. I hope things will go more our way soon, because there was nothing I could do to avoid the crash today. I would have been happy with a podium today, but we’ll come back strong at Mugello.”
- Now or never: who can stop Marquez’ march towards the crown?
- Motegi: no margin to play it safe
- A dark horse no more: ‘Diggia’ homes in on the top
- Raffin takes title in Albacete
- 2018 MotoGP™ eSport Championship: second half of the season
- Contrasting fortunes
- New adventure in store for Team Trentino Gresini MotoE
- Tom Booth-Amos joins CIP – Green Power for 2019