In qualifying for the Italian Grand Prix at Mugello, it was Jorge Martín who took pole position for the fourth race in succession. He will be joined by two Japanese riders on the front row for the first time in Moto3, as Tatsuki Suzuki and Ayumu Sasaki make their first appearance in the Top 3 on the grid. Arón Canet will start from fourth position, Marco Bezzecchi from fifth and Fabio di Giannantonio from sixth. Mugello is a track at which groups of more than a dozen riders can form in the fight for the victory.
Ángel Nieto Team rider Andrea Migno will start his home Grand Prix from the fifth row of the grid, after qualifying in fifteenth with a time close to 9 tenths off pole. The Italian was left without the chance for a final when he crossed the line just as the chequered flag fell, and was not able to improve his time from the beginning of the session. Despite this, along with teammate Albert Arenas he will fight to get into the leading group in the race. Arenas will start from twenty second place but will do so confident that he has a good race pace that can allow him to ride with the frontrunners throughout.
22nd Albert Arenas 1:57.745 (12 laps):
“We had a crazy qualifying session, as always at Mugello. I end the day with mixed feelings, because on the one hand we have taken a step forward with regards to our race pace, but at the same time we are starting from far back on the grid. Although it is not hugely important at this circuit, it is a pity not to have set a good time. We just needed to put everything together. I feel good and I’m confident, so I will fight tomorrow to be up there with the best.”
- The MotoGP VIP Village™: an experience like no other
- Doohan: “It’s a shame Dani never won a MotoGP™ Championship”
- Monaco to host FIM General Assembly & Awards in 2019
- Doohan exclusive: “If Marc loses to Lorenzo, it’s a win-win”
- “We will do our best to make our people proud of us”
- Marquez: the king of the crashers!
- PTT Thailand Grand Prix voted best of 2018
- Crowd pleasers: MotoGP™'s biggest weekends of the season