In qualifying for the Italian Grand Prix at Mugello, it was Jorge Martín who took pole position for the fourth race in succession. He will be joined by two Japanese riders on the front row for the first time in Moto3, as Tatsuki Suzuki and Ayumu Sasaki make their first appearance in the Top 3 on the grid. Arón Canet will start from fourth position, Marco Bezzecchi from fifth and Fabio di Giannantonio from sixth. Mugello is a track at which groups of more than a dozen riders can form in the fight for the victory.
Ángel Nieto Team rider Andrea Migno will start his home Grand Prix from the fifth row of the grid, after qualifying in fifteenth with a time close to 9 tenths off pole. The Italian was left without the chance for a final when he crossed the line just as the chequered flag fell, and was not able to improve his time from the beginning of the session. Despite this, along with teammate Albert Arenas he will fight to get into the leading group in the race. Arenas will start from twenty second place but will do so confident that he has a good race pace that can allow him to ride with the frontrunners throughout.
22nd Albert Arenas 1:57.745 (12 laps):
“We had a crazy qualifying session, as always at Mugello. I end the day with mixed feelings, because on the one hand we have taken a step forward with regards to our race pace, but at the same time we are starting from far back on the grid. Although it is not hugely important at this circuit, it is a pity not to have set a good time. We just needed to put everything together. I feel good and I’m confident, so I will fight tomorrow to be up there with the best.”
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – European Talent Cup highlights June 19, 2018
- Iker Lecuona concludes the Catalan weekend in a strong way June 17, 2018
- Lowes: “I could have fought for the podium” June 21, 2018
- Applications for the British Talent Cup now closed June 21, 2018
- The numbers behind the Catalan GP podium June 20, 2018
- Pedrosa and Yamaha: a match made in heaven? June 20, 2018
- Alex Marquez tests Triumph Moto2™ engine June 20, 2018
- Wins from pole: Barcelona and beyond June 19, 2018