The Saturday of #ItalianGP gives Team Del Conca Gresini a first, important record: with the thirteenth Moto3 pole of his career – all scored under Gresini Racing’s colours), Jorge Martin rewrites history of the quarter-litre class by equalling Alex Rins as the rider with the highest number of pole positions ever.
It was not an easy session, however, although the Spanish rider was able to move on top of the timesheets already at halfway point, and he was the only one able to improve his time in the final stages – even for a few thousandths of a second. It will now be important for Martin to get back into the point-scoring zone – and possibly even win – after two DNFs he was surely not to blame for, but still had a big impact on his championship situation and his focus.
The sixth race of the 2018 Moto3 World Championship will get underway from 11:00 local time (GMT +2).
“We rode exclusively on our own with the goal to prepare the race to perfection. I was not surprised with the pole position, but it wasn’t an easy one: I did a great lap without slipstreams… too bad because I think the lap record was within reach. We will try to push in the race and make some selection, in order to be 4 maximum 5 to battle for the win – especially as last year I was on pole and ended up outside the top-10. The goal is obviously to win.”
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – European Talent Cup highlights June 19, 2018
- Iker Lecuona concludes the Catalan weekend in a strong way June 17, 2018
- Lowes: “I could have fought for the podium” June 21, 2018
- Applications for the British Talent Cup now closed June 21, 2018
- The numbers behind the Catalan GP podium June 20, 2018
- Pedrosa and Yamaha: a match made in heaven? June 20, 2018
- Alex Marquez tests Triumph Moto2™ engine June 20, 2018
- Wins from pole: Barcelona and beyond June 19, 2018