Mugello traditionally offers up Moto3 races contested in large groups from start to finish. However, in the 2018 edition the top three left their rivals behind, as Jorge Martín, Marco Bezzecchi and Fabio di Giannantonio established a gap of nearly 11 seconds at the chequered flag. Things were closer between the front three: Martín won by just 19 thousandths of a second, taking his third victory of the season and moving 5 points closer to series leader Bezzechi.
Albert Arenas claimed points at Mugello, with fourteenth after climbing from twenty-second. His initial push to fight in the second group earned him a solid finish, and the Spaniard hopes to continue with his good feeling when he takes on his home Grand Prix in Barcelona in a fortnight’s time.
14th Albert Arenas:
“It was a tough race, in which we had to start by making up a lot of ground. That meant a big effort to reach the second group. I got there and there were a few incidents that broke up the group. From there, we had to fight constantly, but we are happy with the two points. We started the weekend strongly, but we lacked an optimal setup in order to be comfortable and fast. I had to ride on the limit, so I tried to be as fara head as possible in the group. I continue gaining experience, and I’ll be able to continue fighting at the coming races.”
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – European Talent Cup highlights June 19, 2018
- Iker Lecuona concludes the Catalan weekend in a strong way June 17, 2018
- Lowes: “I could have fought for the podium” June 21, 2018
- Applications for the British Talent Cup now closed June 21, 2018
- The numbers behind the Catalan GP podium June 20, 2018
- Pedrosa and Yamaha: a match made in heaven? June 20, 2018
- Alex Marquez tests Triumph Moto2™ engine June 20, 2018
- Wins from pole: Barcelona and beyond June 19, 2018