Canet lost contact with the leading riders on the opening corners and rode the entire race in a packed second group.
Canet goes from second to fourth position in the overall standings, 22 points off the series leader, Marco Bezzechi.
“I made a mistake at the start and I was left behind on the opening laps; if I had started better, I’m sure I could have escaped with the front group. The problem was that I couldn’t overtake on the straight and this, at a circuit like Mugello, is very important. I kept trying to push on the fast corners, but I couldn’t gain positions. These next few weeks I will focus on training to the fullest to be ready for the next race in Barcelona. There I will give my all and I will try to do better.”
- Now or never: who can stop Marquez’ march towards the crown?
- Motegi: no margin to play it safe
- A dark horse no more: ‘Diggia’ homes in on the top
- Raffin takes title in Albacete
- 2018 MotoGP™ eSport Championship: second half of the season
- Contrasting fortunes
- New adventure in store for Team Trentino Gresini MotoE
- Tom Booth-Amos joins CIP – Green Power for 2019