Canet lost contact with the leading riders on the opening corners and rode the entire race in a packed second group.
Canet goes from second to fourth position in the overall standings, 22 points off the series leader, Marco Bezzechi.
“I made a mistake at the start and I was left behind on the opening laps; if I had started better, I’m sure I could have escaped with the front group. The problem was that I couldn’t overtake on the straight and this, at a circuit like Mugello, is very important. I kept trying to push on the fast corners, but I couldn’t gain positions. These next few weeks I will focus on training to the fullest to be ready for the next race in Barcelona. There I will give my all and I will try to do better.”
- Ciabatti: "Correct direction is to keep it like it is"
- Speed Up lead incredibly tight Moto2™ FP3
- Rins fastest, top 10 within 0.4 in stunning FP3
- Canet sets new outright lap record to top Moto3™ FP3
- Best photos: Gran Premi Monster Energy de Catalunya
- Rins pleased with rhythm despite P11
- Rossi enjoys "better feelings" on Friday in Barcelona
- The race for the 2019 MotoGP™ eSport Championship starts now