Canet lost contact with the leading riders on the opening corners and rode the entire race in a packed second group.
Canet goes from second to fourth position in the overall standings, 22 points off the series leader, Marco Bezzechi.
“I made a mistake at the start and I was left behind on the opening laps; if I had started better, I’m sure I could have escaped with the front group. The problem was that I couldn’t overtake on the straight and this, at a circuit like Mugello, is very important. I kept trying to push on the fast corners, but I couldn’t gain positions. These next few weeks I will focus on training to the fullest to be ready for the next race in Barcelona. There I will give my all and I will try to do better.”
- Marquez: “I feel really good on the bike”
- Best photos: Aragon GP
- Deniz Öncü first and looking for second in Aragon 1
- 10 things to know ahead the GP Movistar de Aragon
- Rossi: “I didn’t have the pace for Q2”
- Jake Dixon to make Moto2™ move with Angel Nieto Team
- Viñales and Morbidelli handed grid penalties
- Brilliant Binder leaves it late to take pole