Canet lost contact with the leading riders on the opening corners and rode the entire race in a packed second group.
Canet goes from second to fourth position in the overall standings, 22 points off the series leader, Marco Bezzechi.
“I made a mistake at the start and I was left behind on the opening laps; if I had started better, I’m sure I could have escaped with the front group. The problem was that I couldn’t overtake on the straight and this, at a circuit like Mugello, is very important. I kept trying to push on the fast corners, but I couldn’t gain positions. These next few weeks I will focus on training to the fullest to be ready for the next race in Barcelona. There I will give my all and I will try to do better.”
- The MotoGP VIP Village™: an experience like no other
- Doohan: “It’s a shame Dani never won a MotoGP™ Championship”
- Monaco to host FIM General Assembly & Awards in 2019
- Doohan exclusive: “If Marc loses to Lorenzo, it’s a win-win”
- “We will do our best to make our people proud of us”
- Marquez: the king of the crashers!
- PTT Thailand Grand Prix voted best of 2018
- Crowd pleasers: MotoGP™'s biggest weekends of the season