Perfect weather conditions greeted the team SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS KTM duo on the starting gird of the Italian Grand Prix race.
Iker Lecuona, who started from 22nd place, has made a stunning recovery. At mid-race, the Spaniard was already in 15th position. He was then patient, taking advantage of the few mistakes of his rivals to reach the cross the line in 13th.
Iker Lecuona (13th):
“In the warm-up, I made some adjustments to the set-up of the bike, which allowed me to have a better feeling with the front and to turn better. On the other hand, the bike slid a lot on the acceleration. So we decided to go back to the previous configuration. On new tyres, the first laps went pretty well. After that, I experienced some difficulties. We will continue to work in Barcelona.”
- Miller: “The new bike feels amazing”
- Best photos: Valencia Test Day 1
- “Sudden improvements” from new engine for Yamaha
- Valencia Test: Viñales quickest as rain stops play on Day 1
- 2019 is here: 10 talking points about the Valencia Test
- Time schedule: 2019 Valencia Test
- Moto2™: new engine, new era, new philosophy
- Triple crown: clean sweep for Honda in 2019