=At first, the Sunday seemed to be difficult for Xavi Vierge. In the warm-up the Spaniard only had three laps available due to electronic problems on the bike. For the 21-year-old the whole weekend has been difficult and it would have been important to try out the set-up changes made from Saturday to Sunday. The race wasn’t any easier for him, but as always, he gave everything he’s got and fought in a sovereign ninth place. The seven points won, secured him the sixth place in the World Championship. Tomorrow he hopes to find some improvements for the Mugello Circuit before heading to his home Grand Prix in two weeks time.
“I am disappointed, not because of the race, because after this difficult weekend we have brought at least a few points home and that is important for the World Championship. But I’m a bit disappointed because we usually improve step by step on the track, but here we tried a lot of things and did not find anything all weekend to make me feel better. The race was pretty tough. After the first three or four laps, the front grip started getting worse. With each change of direction, I almost lost the front, so I could not really push. That was difficult, but still I’m happy with the race because it was a very tough weekend. Also this morning in the Warm-Up we had problems and I could only ride three laps. It was hard to understand the change. I did my best and finished ninth. Big thanks to the team because they worked so hard during the weekend. We have the test tomorrow and we will try to understand the problem and hopefully find a solution.“
- Ciabatti: "Correct direction is to keep it like it is"
- Speed Up lead incredibly tight Moto2™ FP3
- Rins fastest, top 10 within 0.4 in stunning FP3
- Canet sets new outright lap record to top Moto3™ FP3
- Best photos: Gran Premi Monster Energy de Catalunya
- Rins pleased with rhythm despite P11
- Rossi enjoys "better feelings" on Friday in Barcelona
- The race for the 2019 MotoGP™ eSport Championship starts now