After 18 years together across three classes in the MotoGP World Championship, HRC and Dani Pedrosa have today finally confirmed that their longstanding partnership will come to an end at the end of the 2018 season, by mutual agreement.
Although their paths will diverge, HRC and Dani Pedrosa have enjoyed a successful relationship: since 2006, when the Spaniard joined the Repsol Honda Team, he has earned 31 victories and was runner-up in the MotoGP Championship on three occasions.
Over the years, he has provided very useful information and feedback to Honda for the development of its machines, and at the same time, HRC has given him the best technology and full support on the track.
Yoshishige Nomura, HRC President
“Today is a sad day for me. On behalf of HRC, I want to thank Dani for all his hard and successful work, and to express our gratitude for these two decades together. We also wish him the very best of luck and success. Thanks, Dani.”
“I want to thank HRC for all these years of great success. I have grown not only as a rider but also as a person with them. I will always have HRC in my memories and in my heart. In life we all need new challenges and I feel it’s time for a change. Thanks, HRC.”
- Ciabatti: "Correct direction is to keep it like it is"
- Speed Up lead incredibly tight Moto2™ FP3
- Rins fastest, top 10 within 0.4 in stunning FP3
- Canet sets new outright lap record to top Moto3™ FP3
- Best photos: Gran Premi Monster Energy de Catalunya
- Rins pleased with rhythm despite P11
- Rossi enjoys "better feelings" on Friday in Barcelona
- The race for the 2019 MotoGP™ eSport Championship starts now