Augusto Fernández made his debut today with the Moto2 Pons Racing HP40 team in the first day of the Catalan Grand Prix. It was a really satisfying day, as he finished both free practice sesions in the 5th position in the combined practice times.
With 1:44.360, Augusto closed the Top 5 of the class, just a little more than a tenth behind the first. With no doubt, this was fantastic first touch with the team, that supposes a motivation to keep working in the same way the rest of the weekend.
Tomorrow at 10:00 he’ll be back on track to complete the third free practice and at 15:05 he will fight to get the best position for the Sunday race starting grid.
Augusto Fernández #40 – 5th, 1:44.360 (+0.135)
“This morning went really well, I got used to the bike quickly. We’ve been working with the hard tyre, without making big changes on the bike and with no rush to try the soft one. In the afternoon, it was hotter and we weren’t able to make a good lap, but the rythm was good anyway. Now we’ll start working on the bike set up, so we can see if we can improve some things and I’m happy with this first day”.
- Aron Canet signs with Angel Nieto squad for 2020 Moto2™
- "It’s good to be back" – Lorenzo ahead of Silverstone return
- Joan Mir to miss the British Grand Prix
- History made at the KymiRing MotoGP™ Test
- Best photos: KymiRing MotoGP™ Test
- “It’s a dream come true” – MotoGP™ authorities on KymiRing
- Everyone's a winner: vast and fast, Silverstone awaits
- Marquez vs Moto2™: can the field triumph over the form man?