After an impressive first free practice day with the 5th fastest time in his debut with the Pons Racing HP40 Moto2 team, Augusto Fernández started today with a 9th place in the FP3.
However, the rise in the track temperature and a couple of mistakes during the qualifying practice, made imposible for Augusto to improve the morning times.
Augusto will start from 20th place tomorrow at the race that begins at 12:20, in which he will try to fight to finish in the Top 10.
Augusto Fernández #40 – 20th, 1:44.564 (+1.090)
“In the morning we took a step forward with the bike, I felt comfortable and had good rythm. We started the qualifying session with good feelings, knowing that it would be harder because of the rise in the track temperature and that it would be important to make a good lap at the beginning of the qualifying. Unfortunately, I made a couple of mistakes and I wasn’t able to make a good lap time. We start from 20th position, but with a good start, we have rythm to be in the Top 10”.
- Marquez: “I feel really good on the bike”
- Best photos: Aragon GP
- Deniz Öncü first and looking for second in Aragon 1
- 10 things to know ahead the GP Movistar de Aragon
- Rossi: “I didn’t have the pace for Q2”
- Jake Dixon to make Moto2™ move with Angel Nieto Team
- Viñales and Morbidelli handed grid penalties
- Brilliant Binder leaves it late to take pole