With four crashes – two per rider – between this morning’s practice and qualifying, it could have been a nightmare Saturday for Team Del Conca Gresini Moto3, who were instead quick and well-prepared in bouncing back from setbacks; as the second day of action at Montmeló draws to a close, Jorge Martin is on pole with team mate Fabio Di Giannantonio 13th despite the close-to-none track-time available in the afternoon.
Jorge Martin was the unfortunate one in the morning after highsiding at turn two; despite missing the second half of FP3, he was on top of the timesheets anyway. It was a hard landing for the Spanish rider, who fought through the pain to claim a second place on the grid that feels more like a pole position.
Both Team Del Conca Gresini Moto3 riders will try and play their cards right tomorrow morning from 11:00, with the tyre choice being more important than ever given the boiling hot temperatures of the #CatalanGP.
“It’s been a complicated day. THis morning I tried to settle into a nice rhythm with used tyres to continue on the work done yesterday, but I pushed too much and ended up crashing. The hit was quite hard and so the pain, so I would have signed for a front-row qualifying result. We should be OK for tomorrow: Enea [Bastianini] is always very competitive at this track so we’ll need to try and stay with him in order to make some selection, too. Crashes aside, we did a good job, so we only have to make our tyre choice now.”
- Marquez vs Dovizioso vs Lorenzo moves into MotorLand
- MotoE™: Selection Committee set for Buriram
- MotoE™ mechanics gear up for 2019
- KTM retain Kallio as test rider for 2019
- What will happen at Aragon if...?
- Sasaki set to miss Aragon through injury
- SKY Racing Team VR46 confirm 2019 Moto2™ and Moto3™ lineups
- MotoGP™ remains on Eurosport in the Netherlands and Flanders