In the GP of Catalunya, the seventh round of the MotoGP World Championship, Aleix Espargaró will start Tomorrow from the sixth row of the grid.
In the final free practice session, Aleix attempted an assault on the top ten which would have put him straight through to Q2 and guaranteed a spot on one of the first four rows, but he stopped short just a half a second from tenth place. In the first qualifying session, hindered by problems with grip, he finished sixth for a combined sixteenth place at 1’40.010.
“It was a demanding Saturday and our performance is not what we had expected it to be. I am struggling with grip, both at the front and at the rear, and especially on the front I did not find a compound that entirely convinces me. With the soft, I’m able to be fast for a few laps, but then the drop is evident and with the medium I have no feeling at all. The track is very slippery for everyone, but the others are able to manage the problem and take a step forward in performance with the new tyre. I am very consistent with the used tyre and that will be important in the race, whereas in the early laps, we don’t make the difference. We need to find a better balance for the RS-GP. It is not a huge problem, but a series of details that need to be sorted.”
- Bradl testing a RC213V in Jerez
- 25 years: Repsol Honda present 2019 bike in Madrid
- Ducati evolution gallery: 2003-2019
- Follow the Repsol Honda Team presentation live!
- Pawi: “My intention is to completely change my mentality”
- Lorenzo completes operation and will miss the Sepang test
- KymiRing edges closer to completion
- 2019 MotoGP™ calendar confirmed!