The circuit of Montmelo was hot from the very beginning of the day, with track temperatures reaching 31c in the morning Warm-Up session. Alex Rins used this morning Warm-Up to make final adjustments.
The Catalan GP had a lot of drama and an extremely high attrition from the very start. Alex Rins found himself with clear track after making up some positions from grid, he had hoped to concentrate on consistent laps but a bike problem ruled him out.
“For sure, the race was difficult from the beginning in terms of conditions. Then on Lap 5 I started to feel something wrong with the bike, and it got worse, so I decided to come back to the box and it seems that it was an electric issue. It’s been a strange weekend for us, because on Friday and Saturday the race pace has been good, but I was missing something when trying to set a fast lap. But we’ll take the positive things, and think about the negative things and how to change and improve. At Assen I expect to come back to the top and I hope for a good weekend there.”
- Now or never: who can stop Marquez’ march towards the crown?
- Motegi: no margin to play it safe
- A dark horse no more: ‘Diggia’ homes in on the top
- Raffin takes title in Albacete
- 2018 MotoGP™ eSport Championship: second half of the season
- Contrasting fortunes
- New adventure in store for Team Trentino Gresini MotoE
- Tom Booth-Amos joins CIP – Green Power for 2019