Even though Augusto Fernández started the Catalan GP Moto2 race from the 20th position in the starting grid, he knew he had the rythm to be able to finish in the points – and that’s exactly what he did.
Despite the fact that he lost some places at the beginning of the race, going back to the 24th position in the first lap, the Pons HP 40 rider then started to overtake his rivals until he got to the points zone.
In that moment, he started a battle with another rider, that made it imposible for him to chase the group that was fighting for 10th position. Despite all of this, he completed a great comeback and crossed the finish line in the 14th position with two World Championship points.
Augusto Fernández #40 – 14th, +20.241
“Today I made a bad start that affected the whole race. Then Lowes also started and we both had a good rythm, so we started the comeback until we reached the points zone. When we wanted to escape together, I started battling with another rider and lost contact with the group that was fighting for the 10th place. It’s a shame because we had the rythm to be with them and get a better position, but, after a bad start and had finished the first lap in the 24th place, complete a 10 places comeback it’s good. I’m happy and I want to thank the whole team for their work and for this chance”.
- Introducing: the Fandom Pay MotoGP™ Mastercard®
- "Nothing gives you more confidence than a win" - Dovizioso
- Best images: MotoGP™ & Chelsea stars meet at Stamford Bridge
- An all-time classic: Sheene vs Roberts 40 years on
- Crutchlow and Viñales meet Chelsea star at Stamford Bridge
- The British Talent Cup season finale arrives at Silverstone!
- Best photos: KymiRing MotoGP™ Test
- Four front, rear slick tyre options selected for Silverstone