Even though Augusto Fernández started the Catalan GP Moto2 race from the 20th position in the starting grid, he knew he had the rythm to be able to finish in the points – and that’s exactly what he did.
Despite the fact that he lost some places at the beginning of the race, going back to the 24th position in the first lap, the Pons HP 40 rider then started to overtake his rivals until he got to the points zone.
In that moment, he started a battle with another rider, that made it imposible for him to chase the group that was fighting for 10th position. Despite all of this, he completed a great comeback and crossed the finish line in the 14th position with two World Championship points.
Augusto Fernández #40 – 14th, +20.241
“Today I made a bad start that affected the whole race. Then Lowes also started and we both had a good rythm, so we started the comeback until we reached the points zone. When we wanted to escape together, I started battling with another rider and lost contact with the group that was fighting for the 10th place. It’s a shame because we had the rythm to be with them and get a better position, but, after a bad start and had finished the first lap in the 24th place, complete a 10 places comeback it’s good. I’m happy and I want to thank the whole team for their work and for this chance”.
- Marquez vs Dovizioso vs Lorenzo moves into MotorLand
- MotoE™: Selection Committee set for Buriram
- MotoE™ mechanics gear up for 2019
- KTM retain Kallio as test rider for 2019
- What will happen at Aragon if...?
- Sasaki set to miss Aragon through injury
- SKY Racing Team VR46 confirm 2019 Moto2™ and Moto3™ lineups
- MotoGP™ remains on Eurosport in the Netherlands and Flanders