After two solid opening days, Sam Lowes and Iker Lecuona lined up on the grid of the Catalunya Grand Prix race with the ambition to shine in the Moto2 class.
On the fifth row of the grid, Iker Lecuona gave everything to keep up with the pace of the leading group. He finished his second home race only 15 seconds behind the winner, a great result for him before the next round of the season in Assen.
Iker Lecuona (10th):
“The first part of the race was difficult, but I’m really happy with the result at the finish. I faced some problems with new tyres to stop the bike and I went wide during overtaking. I made a good start and I had to wait until mid-race to speed up the pace. Sam joined me at the end, I tried to take the lead, but he was faster. I finished 15 seconds behind the winner and we reached our objectives. I would like to thank the whole team for the work this weekend and I would like to dedicate this race and this result to Andreas Pérez.”
- Bradl testing a RC213V in Jerez
- 25 years: Repsol Honda present 2019 bike in Madrid
- Ducati evolution gallery: 2003-2019
- Follow the Repsol Honda Team presentation live!
- Pawi: “My intention is to completely change my mentality”
- Lorenzo completes operation and will miss the Sepang test
- KymiRing edges closer to completion
- 2019 MotoGP™ calendar confirmed!