After two solid opening days, Sam Lowes and Iker Lecuona lined up on the grid of the Catalunya Grand Prix race with the ambition to shine in the Moto2 class.
On the fifth row of the grid, Iker Lecuona gave everything to keep up with the pace of the leading group. He finished his second home race only 15 seconds behind the winner, a great result for him before the next round of the season in Assen.
Iker Lecuona (10th):
“The first part of the race was difficult, but I’m really happy with the result at the finish. I faced some problems with new tyres to stop the bike and I went wide during overtaking. I made a good start and I had to wait until mid-race to speed up the pace. Sam joined me at the end, I tried to take the lead, but he was faster. I finished 15 seconds behind the winner and we reached our objectives. I would like to thank the whole team for the work this weekend and I would like to dedicate this race and this result to Andreas Pérez.”
- Marquez vs Dovizioso vs Lorenzo moves into MotorLand
- MotoE™: Selection Committee set for Buriram
- MotoE™ mechanics gear up for 2019
- KTM retain Kallio as test rider for 2019
- What will happen at Aragon if...?
- Sasaki set to miss Aragon through injury
- SKY Racing Team VR46 confirm 2019 Moto2™ and Moto3™ lineups
- MotoGP™ remains on Eurosport in the Netherlands and Flanders