It was another great team performance by the Dynavolt Intact GP riders Marcel Schrötter and Xavi Vierge, who secured fourth and fifth place after a nerve-wracking podium hunt at the Grand Prix of Catalunya.
Together, the Intact GP pair started their chase after Alex Marquez in third position. With five laps to go, Marcel overtook his teammate and did his best to try to finish his 100th Moto2 race on the podium. In the end, it was not quite enough and the duo crossed the finish line in fourth and fifth position.
In the championship ranking, Xavi Vierge, who finished his home Grand Prix with remarkable eleven points after some initial difficulties on this weekend, moved up to fifth place, while Marcel Schrötter defended his ninth place in the Moto2 championship by a another 13 points.
In only two weeks time, from June 29th to July 1st, the season continues in Assen with the DutchTT, the eighth race of the season.
“The race was good after the hard weekend. I think we’ve made a very good job. We kept fighting with the top guys and that’s important because in Mugello we lost everything, the confidence because we didn’t know the way. Here, when we started this weekend, we had the same problem. But this time we worked very clear, we analyzed everything super good and then we made a good decision for the Sunday’s race. Again, we knew we had the potential to fight with the top guys. Now, the team and me know the direction and for the next races it will be better from the first day. In the break before heading to Assen, I will rest a little bit and train to be even stronger. Assen is a super nice track. I like it a lot and I hope we can fight with the front guys again.”
- New expanded format for British Talent Cup announced
- Ogden emerges victorious in dramatic Race 2 at Donington
- Horsman beats Ogden to the top step in Race 1
- Moto2™: Victory the next step for man of the moment Navarro?
- “If you’re not crashing, you’re not going fast enough”
- Edwards: “The few years I had with Valentino were awesome”
- Moto2™/Moto3™ Barcelona test photo gallery
- De Puniet looking forward to a “great fight” in MotoE™