The ghosts of 2017 – the crash and injury – have been swept by a masterful performance of Jorge Martin, who scores his fifth win of 2018 in Germany and extends his championship on Bezzecchi to eight points.
It was an all-around successful racing weekend for the Spaniard, who after securing pole position he sealed the top step of the podium courtesy of a race pace that was unmatched by his opponents.
Team Del Conca Gresini Moto3will enjoy a two-week break – if it is even fair to call it this way – and will be back in action at Brno as series leader on August 2nd.
1st – JORGE MARTIN #88
“It’s been a great weekend, one where we had a perfect bike and a strong pace. The idea was to save the tyres for the final leg of the race and then attack. I stayed within the group at the beginning and there were some aggressive riders, including Fabio who touched me. I miraculously managed to stay upright and when I saw that Arenas and Rodrigo were getting closer, I decided to push. It’s a great win, but we cannot relax because Bezzecchi is really strong, but we are heading into the break as leaders and that’s the most important thing.”
- Puig: “Honda are a company that never give up”
- Binder claims unforgettable first podium
- Bautista: “I’m so happy and proud of all my team”
- Rossi reels in Dovi with P4 at the Twin Ring
- P3 in Japan “very special” for Rins
- The best photos from Marquez' magnificent 2018 season
- #Level7: the numbers behind Marquez' 2018 season
- 2018: a season of supreme consistency for Marquez