Iker Lecuona and Sam Lowes were back in action on Saturday at the Czech Grand Prix in Brno after a mixed first day.
Despite high track temperatures – almost 55 degrees at the warmest stage of the day – Iker Lecuona set the fourth fastest time of the final practice session. A strong performance that the young Spaniard confirmed during qualifying, ending in 13th only half a second behind Luca Marini’s pole position.
The SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS KTM team’s duo will have a last opportunity on Sunday morning during the warm-up to prepare the race scheduled at 12.20pm.
Iker Lecuona (13th – 2’02.749):
“This morning I started with a soft tyre that had already some laps. We made a few tweaks to the rear suspension, which allowed me to improve my feeling with the front. Then we put a new tyre and I managed to finish in fourth. Qualifying was difficult because I only had grip for three or four laps. But I’m pretty happy because my times were consistent. I finished half a second behind the pole position… We’ll see what we can do during the race.”
- Midday: Dovizioso currently P1 as Qatar Test begins
- Moto2™, Moto3™ Official Jerez Test photo gallery
- Ogura, McPhee and Rodrigo set 1:44s at Jerez Test
- Lap record sees Lüthi end Jerez Test at the summit
- Photo gallery: Aprilia's 2020 launch
- Espargaro, Iannone and Smith unveil 2020 Aprilia colours
- Last call for preseason: the Qatar Test lights up Losail
- Bezzecchi beats rookie Canet to Day 2 top spot