Iker Lecuona and Sam Lowes were back in action on Saturday at the Czech Grand Prix in Brno after a mixed first day.
Despite high track temperatures – almost 55 degrees at the warmest stage of the day – Iker Lecuona set the fourth fastest time of the final practice session. A strong performance that the young Spaniard confirmed during qualifying, ending in 13th only half a second behind Luca Marini’s pole position.
The SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS KTM team’s duo will have a last opportunity on Sunday morning during the warm-up to prepare the race scheduled at 12.20pm.
Iker Lecuona (13th – 2’02.749):
“This morning I started with a soft tyre that had already some laps. We made a few tweaks to the rear suspension, which allowed me to improve my feeling with the front. Then we put a new tyre and I managed to finish in fourth. Qualifying was difficult because I only had grip for three or four laps. But I’m pretty happy because my times were consistent. I finished half a second behind the pole position… We’ll see what we can do during the race.”
- The Nick Harris blog: Marc and Mike
- Changes to Moto2™ and Moto3™ regulations announced
- Cool-FAB Racing title goes to the final round
- Race 2 from Global Series Round 1: exciting and dramatic
- Fulfilled dream fuels Quartararo’s belief in beating Marquez
- Yamaha on song at Misano
- Re-live all the action from the 2019 Global Series Race 1
- Quartararo: one of the best rookies ever?