Iker Lecuona and Sam Lowes were back in action on Saturday at the Czech Grand Prix in Brno after a mixed first day.
Despite high track temperatures – almost 55 degrees at the warmest stage of the day – Iker Lecuona set the fourth fastest time of the final practice session. A strong performance that the young Spaniard confirmed during qualifying, ending in 13th only half a second behind Luca Marini’s pole position.
The SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS KTM team’s duo will have a last opportunity on Sunday morning during the warm-up to prepare the race scheduled at 12.20pm.
Iker Lecuona (13th – 2’02.749):
“This morning I started with a soft tyre that had already some laps. We made a few tweaks to the rear suspension, which allowed me to improve my feeling with the front. Then we put a new tyre and I managed to finish in fourth. Qualifying was difficult because I only had grip for three or four laps. But I’m pretty happy because my times were consistent. I finished half a second behind the pole position… We’ll see what we can do during the race.”
- Rossi eager for confirmation of Yamaha improvements in Japan
- Dovizioso: “I’m looking forward to a rematch with Marc”
- What will happen in Japan if…?
- SUM Of its parts: MotoGP™ wrestles in Japan
- Marquez and Motegi: a missing piece
- Motegi: Noguchi chases van Eerde onto home turf
- What is the tyre allocation for Japan?
- Four races, one special price!