The Dynavolt Intact GP riders Marcel Schrötter and Xavi Vierge took the fifth and eighth place on the grid with extremely tight gaps in the hot Brno qualifying.
Xavi Vierge developed a good rhythm on Saturday. The young Spaniard followed only half a tenth behind his teammate in eighth position in row three. Having been behind a bit on Friday and today’s morning, the 21-year-old was able to make the leap into the top ten in the right moment with his best time of 2’02.505.
“I am happy with today because we made a good step forward. In FP3 we had a very good rhythm on old tyres. We wanted to safe the new ones for the Qualifying. Then in QP, I was also very happy because the feeling with my bike was much better than yesterday. We had a good lap time to set a solid position for the race tomorrow. I am happy and now we need to check a little bit more to prepare for tomorrow but I am happy with the work done today. For sure, the race will be very long and the rhythm is the most important thing. My rhythm was quite good today, when I compare that to the other riders. Now we need to make a good warm up and try to find a little bit more, but we are ready to fight.“
- Rossi eager for confirmation of Yamaha improvements in Japan
- Dovizioso: “I’m looking forward to a rematch with Marc”
- What will happen in Japan if…?
- SUM Of its parts: MotoGP™ wrestles in Japan
- Marquez and Motegi: a missing piece
- Motegi: Noguchi chases van Eerde onto home turf
- What is the tyre allocation for Japan?
- Four races, one special price!