Augusto Fernández completed a positive race at Czech GP, after a difficult weekend, where he classified in the 21st position for the race starting grid. Despite this, Fernández knew that, if he was able to make a good start, he could fight again for the points. And that’s what he did.
The Spanish rider made a fantastic start and, by the end of the first lap, he was already in the 14th place, being part of the group that was fighting for the Top 10. He also made two more overtakes and managed to finish in the 12th position, scoring 4 more points, and he leaves Brno with a good feeling.
Now there’s no time to relax for the Pons HP 40 rider, who will be back in action next weekend at the Austrian GP, that will take place on August 10th, 11th and 12th.
Augusto Fernández #40 – 12th +5.839
“I’m happy with today’s result, we sorted out a difficult weekend. The start was the key, because I started from 21st position and I ended the first lap being 14th. Maybe I should have given more during the first laps, so I could go with the second group, but it’s a good result anyway, we finished just 5 seconds behind the race leader. I want to thank my team for their work and we hope for more in Austria”.
- Rossi eager for confirmation of Yamaha improvements in Japan
- Dovizioso: “I’m looking forward to a rematch with Marc”
- What will happen in Japan if…?
- SUM Of its parts: MotoGP™ wrestles in Japan
- Marquez and Motegi: a missing piece
- Motegi: Noguchi chases van Eerde onto home turf
- What is the tyre allocation for Japan?
- Four races, one special price!