Sam Lowes and Iker Lecuona lined up for the 100th Grand Prix of the team SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS KTM under lightly clouded skies and lower temperatures than during the opening two days.
Iker Lecuona had to fight hard as soon as the red lights switched off to stay in touch with the leading group. After mid-race, the Spaniard, who started from 13th place, missed some grip to keep up with his rivals. He finally had to give up on the final lap against Augusto Fernández to finish in 13th.
The two KTM riders will be back on track as soon as Friday for the Austrian Grand Prix at the Red Bull Ring.
Iker Lecuona (13th):
“The margin with the winner is the same as in Austin, but I finished 13th this time… I’m happy however. The team and I worked well over the weekend as we approached sessions one after the other. I made a good start, but I slowly lost contact with the group. As soon as the grip dropped, I had to ride to the limit. Sam and Fabio Quartararo passed me. Then I fought hard with Augusto Fernández, but I had to let him go. We will keep working in this direction in Austria. I would like to thank all the team for the great work they have done for me.”
- Dorna and ITDC set to bring MotoGP™ to Indonesia
- Masia outruns Fenati on Day 3
- Binder vs Lowes on Day 3 in Jerez
- Introducing…the MotoGP™ Podcast!
- Aprilia: the 2019 MotoGP™ challenge has begun
- Marquez, Binder, Navarro within a tenth on Day 2
- Canet closes out Day 2 on top
- Tony Skillington appointed FIM Chief Executive Officer