Despite the threat of rain in today’s timed Qualifying session, the weather finally made a truce and it was possible for riders to compete on the Spielberg circuit completely dry.
Augusto Fernández confirmed the good feelings he has so far had on the track. Throughout the Qualifying session he was riding among the fastest of the category, but in the last few bars he was not able to improve his best time to maintain the provisional sixth position he held. The time of 1: 30.215 sees him start from the thirteenth place and with rhythm to be with the first group.
Augusto Fernández, 13th, 1: 30.215 (+0.806)
“It was a good timed session but with things to improve, with the first tyre I managed to ride fast, placing myself in the sixth position, and with a little margin. When riding the second tyre I could not lower the time and that is what we have to improve. In spite of that, I start thirteenth and with good pace to be able to do a good race tomorrow with the first group, since we are all very close. “
- A new era: Triumph Moto2™ engine handover
- 2019 Aprilia will be ready for Valencia test
- Best photos: Aragon GP
- Rossi: “In the afternoon we suffered more”
- Provisional 2019 team entries released
- 5 keys to Aragon… by Fonsi Nieto
- Bagnaia tops FP2, Schrötter remains quickest overall
- Marquez resists Ducati charge on Day 1