Despite the threat of rain in today’s timed Qualifying session, the weather finally made a truce and it was possible for riders to compete on the Spielberg circuit completely dry.
Augusto Fernández confirmed the good feelings he has so far had on the track. Throughout the Qualifying session he was riding among the fastest of the category, but in the last few bars he was not able to improve his best time to maintain the provisional sixth position he held. The time of 1: 30.215 sees him start from the thirteenth place and with rhythm to be with the first group.
Augusto Fernández, 13th, 1: 30.215 (+0.806)
“It was a good timed session but with things to improve, with the first tyre I managed to ride fast, placing myself in the sixth position, and with a little margin. When riding the second tyre I could not lower the time and that is what we have to improve. In spite of that, I start thirteenth and with good pace to be able to do a good race tomorrow with the first group, since we are all very close. “
- John Hopkins set to work as American Racing rider coach
- Road to MotoGP™: a thriving feeder to the World stage
- Buriram tops 2019 spectator billing
- Regulation changes: testing, wildcards and wet race starts
- Marquez wins the BMW M Award for seventh time
- Off the Racing Line: riders' lives away from track
- Cardelus joins Avintia Esponorama for 2020 MotoE™ season
- Simeon and Canepa to line up with LCR E-Team in 2020