After a stormy opening day, the rain was back on Saturday morning for the final free practice session.
Despite the tricky conditions, Iker Lecuona set the second fastest time before making a mistake at the first corner and knocking out Miguel Oliveira.
In qualifying, under sunny conditions, the young Spaniard confirmed his morning pace by setting a lap time 1’30.197 and scoring his best result on the grid.
The two SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS KTM team’s riders will line up on the grid of the Austrian Grand Prix on Sunday at 12:20.
Iker Lecuona (12th – 1’30.197):
“This morning, on wet-weather conditions, my feeling was very good. I’m really sorry about Miguel Oliveira. I lost the front during braking and I couldn’t avoid him. The qualifying session was trickier. The front slid several times and I lost time, especially at Turn 4. I don’t really know why, but this is my best result. I am not completely satisfied because I know I can do better. I’m consistent, but the race will be different… we’ll see!”
- A new era: Triumph Moto2™ engine handover
- 2019 Aprilia will be ready for Valencia test
- Best photos: Aragon GP
- Rossi: “In the afternoon we suffered more”
- Provisional 2019 team entries released
- 5 keys to Aragon… by Fonsi Nieto
- Bagnaia tops FP2, Schrötter remains quickest overall
- Marquez resists Ducati charge on Day 1