Sunny and perfect conditions welcomed the SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS KTM team’s riders on Sunday at the Austrian Grand Prix on the Red Bull Ring circuit.
Qualified in 12th position – his best result on the grid so far – , Iker Lecuona moved up to 11th on the opening lap before losing contact with the leading group.
The Spaniard was then joined by Fabio Quartararo after mid-race and had to let him go. He nevertheless took advantage of Álex Márquez’ crash in the final corner to finish the tenth place.
Iker Lecuona (10th):
“My start was pretty good, but the first lap was tough and I couldn’t keep up with the group fighting for the win. I lost contact and I fought with Marcel Schrötter and Álex Márquez. They overtook me and I was joined by Fabio Quartararo and Romano Fenati… I really enjoyed this race and we did a great job over the weekend. I’m closer to the top. I want to thank the team for the job they did this week-end!”
- Dorna and ITDC set to bring MotoGP™ to Indonesia
- Masia outruns Fenati on Day 3
- Binder vs Lowes on Day 3 in Jerez
- Introducing…the MotoGP™ Podcast!
- Aprilia: the 2019 MotoGP™ challenge has begun
- Marquez, Binder, Navarro within a tenth on Day 2
- Canet closes out Day 2 on top
- Tony Skillington appointed FIM Chief Executive Officer