Sunny and perfect conditions welcomed the SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS KTM team’s riders on Sunday at the Austrian Grand Prix on the Red Bull Ring circuit.
Qualified in 12th position – his best result on the grid so far – , Iker Lecuona moved up to 11th on the opening lap before losing contact with the leading group.
The Spaniard was then joined by Fabio Quartararo after mid-race and had to let him go. He nevertheless took advantage of Álex Márquez’ crash in the final corner to finish the tenth place.
Iker Lecuona (10th):
“My start was pretty good, but the first lap was tough and I couldn’t keep up with the group fighting for the win. I lost contact and I fought with Marcel Schrötter and Álex Márquez. They overtook me and I was joined by Fabio Quartararo and Romano Fenati… I really enjoyed this race and we did a great job over the weekend. I’m closer to the top. I want to thank the team for the job they did this week-end!”
- A new era: Triumph Moto2™ engine handover
- 2019 Aprilia will be ready for Valencia test
- Best photos: Aragon GP
- Rossi: “In the afternoon we suffered more”
- Provisional 2019 team entries released
- 5 keys to Aragon… by Fonsi Nieto
- Bagnaia tops FP2, Schrötter remains quickest overall
- Marquez resists Ducati charge on Day 1