Sunny and perfect conditions welcomed the SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS KTM team’s riders on Sunday at the Austrian Grand Prix on the Red Bull Ring circuit.
Qualified in 12th position – his best result on the grid so far – , Iker Lecuona moved up to 11th on the opening lap before losing contact with the leading group.
The Spaniard was then joined by Fabio Quartararo after mid-race and had to let him go. He nevertheless took advantage of Álex Márquez’ crash in the final corner to finish the tenth place.
Iker Lecuona (10th):
“My start was pretty good, but the first lap was tough and I couldn’t keep up with the group fighting for the win. I lost contact and I fought with Marcel Schrötter and Álex Márquez. They overtook me and I was joined by Fabio Quartararo and Romano Fenati… I really enjoyed this race and we did a great job over the weekend. I’m closer to the top. I want to thank the team for the job they did this week-end!”
- Ogden converts pole to victory in a tight season opener
- “Main goal is to secure a factory seat” – Miller
- British Talent Cup get set for Silverstone season opener
- “I knew he’d get there at some point, just not that quick!”
- Ducati’s double title charge
- Aprilia, Ducati, KTM, Suzuki and Yamaha go testing
- Josh Herrin nails down victory at COTA
- Puig: “We don’t know what happened to Lorenzo”