Sunny and perfect conditions welcomed the SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS KTM team’s riders on Sunday at the Austrian Grand Prix on the Red Bull Ring circuit.
Qualified in 12th position – his best result on the grid so far – , Iker Lecuona moved up to 11th on the opening lap before losing contact with the leading group.
The Spaniard was then joined by Fabio Quartararo after mid-race and had to let him go. He nevertheless took advantage of Álex Márquez’ crash in the final corner to finish the tenth place.
Iker Lecuona (10th):
“My start was pretty good, but the first lap was tough and I couldn’t keep up with the group fighting for the win. I lost contact and I fought with Marcel Schrötter and Álex Márquez. They overtook me and I was joined by Fabio Quartararo and Romano Fenati… I really enjoyed this race and we did a great job over the weekend. I’m closer to the top. I want to thank the team for the job they did this week-end!”
- The Nick Harris blog: Marc and Mike
- Changes to Moto2™ and Moto3™ regulations announced
- Cool-FAB Racing title goes to the final round
- Race 2 from Global Series Round 1: exciting and dramatic
- Fulfilled dream fuels Quartararo’s belief in beating Marquez
- Yamaha on song at Misano
- Re-live all the action from the 2019 Global Series Race 1
- Quartararo: one of the best rookies ever?