The weekend of the Austrian Grand Prix was very positive for Reale Avintia Racing rider Tito Rabat. After a great start from the seventh place on the grid, he fought with the front group of riders on the opening laps of the race. He maintained his seventh place until mid-race but then paid tribute to early wear of his rear tyre and had to lower his rhythm for the last third of the race. He first fell victim to an attack of Valentino Rossi, then he had to let Dani Pedrosa escape and rode in ninth position, before the performance of his rear tyre dropped again in the last laps and he crossed the line in eleventh place.
“We have done everything right this weekend, we did well in the practice sessions and in qualifying, I had a good start and I rode a strong race. Only towards the end, a part of the puzzle was missing. On the last laps, I was left without rear tyre grip and suffered quite a bit. The bike worked fantastically, I was with the front group of riders on the first laps and we were closer to the top once again. Now I have to learn how to manage throttle control in the right way to save the tyres. Thanks to the team that did a great job as always!”
- Now or never: who can stop Marquez’ march towards the crown?
- Motegi: no margin to play it safe
- A dark horse no more: ‘Diggia’ homes in on the top
- Raffin takes title in Albacete
- 2018 MotoGP™ eSport Championship: second half of the season
- Contrasting fortunes
- New adventure in store for Team Trentino Gresini MotoE
- Tom Booth-Amos joins CIP – Green Power for 2019