The Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS rider scores his sixth front row start of the season with teammate Joan Mir lining up on the fifth row.
Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS riders Alex Marquez and Joan Mir were confronted by mixed weather conditions at Silverstone with afternoon rain clearing for a fast and dry qualifying session.
Alex Marquez made clear his intention of a front row start with the second fastest time in FP3. Qualifying saw Marquez involved in tense battle for pole and he produced his quick time of 2’08.411 on the final lap to secure third on the grid.
Joan Mir surged into the top ten with improved pace in FP3 before a small crash upset his rhythm. Despite a determined effort in qualifying Mir finished 14th with time of 2’09.041 which does not reflect his race pace.
The warm-up session for Moto2 will be at 10:00am with the race scheduled to start at 2:30pm.
Alex Marquez: 3rd, 2’08.411, +0.258, 33 laps, 194 km
“It is always good to start on the front row so I’m happy for that. It is just a shame I couldn’t make one more lap because in these conditions you go faster each time.but I have a good feeling for the race. We still need to understand a set-up if the conditions are wet. I enjoy this track and my target is a strong finish in the race.”
Joan Mir: 15th, 2’09.041, +0.888, 24 laps, 141 km
“I am little disappointed with my result in qualifying and I don’t think my position reflects my potential at this track. Starting on the fifth row means I will have to recover a lot of positions to fight for the podium. But I have good feeling with the bike and it was pity about my crash in FP3 because I showed I can fight for the top positions.”
- New expanded format for British Talent Cup announced
- Ogden emerges victorious in dramatic Race 2 at Donington
- Horsman beats Ogden to the top step in Race 1
- Moto2™: Victory the next step for man of the moment Navarro?
- “If you’re not crashing, you’re not going fast enough”
- Edwards: “The few years I had with Valentino were awesome”
- Moto2™/Moto3™ Barcelona test photo gallery
- De Puniet looking forward to a “great fight” in MotoE™