The British GP’s second day was completely dictated by the changing weather conditions, that made the track really complicated to ride during the Moto2 qualifying session.
Augusto Fernández was asking yesterday for a dry day so he could keep getting to know the circuit and get those kilometers he was missing, but he had to settle and face the changing track conditions.
However, he finally managed to make a competitive best lap time that will allow him to start the race from the 15th grid position. Fernández feels confident as he hopes he can go with the leader group and keep gaining experience at this class.
The 18 laps Moto2 tomorrow’s race will close Sunday’s action and will start at 14:30 (local time) -15:30 Spanish peninsular time.
Augusto Fernández #40 – 15th, 2:09.129 (+0.976)
“It was a crazy qualifying practice. At the beginning we had wet conditions, but then we had to switch to slicks, even there were still some wet areas. Honestly, I was expecting for more, because I was feeling really good on the bike, but maybe riding with the new tyres so soon was a mistake, because at the end the track improved quite a lot. I think that if we’re able to make a good start tomorrow, we can complete a good race, and my goal is trying to go with the leader group”.
- 2019 is here: 10 talking points to the Valencia Test
- Best photos: Valencia GP
- High 5: Rins secures fifth podium of 2018 in Valencia
- Pol Espargaro: “I cannot believe it. This is crazy”
- Dovi wins two-part race as Espargaro claims first KTM podium
- Perfect 2018 ending for Oliveira in dramatic Moto2™ finale
- Can Öncü stuns the field to create Grand Prix history
- Marquez 0.805 clear in rain-soaked Valencia Warm Up