The typical changeable weather of Silverstone hasn’t affected the results of Team Del Conca Gresini Moto3 too much in today’s qualifying, as Jorge Martin secured pole position for the seventh time in the season, while his team mate Fabio Di Giannantonio was fifth.
The session’s outcome was decided down to the wire, with Jorge Martin – who will be at the very front of the Moto3 grid for the 16thtime in his career – snatching pole position from his team mate courtesy of a 2’13.291 lap-time. Behind Martin, Masia was second for the smallest of gaps (0.001s), while Dalla Porta and Arenas pushed Fabio Di Giannantonio down to the middle of the second row.
With rain expected already from tomorrow morning, Team Del Conca Gresini will get ready for what will be an exciting Sunday of racing, with the race getting underway at 11:00 local time (GMT +1), after the 9am warm up.
1st – JORGE MARTIN #88
“I’m really happy and honestly I wasn’t expecting this pole position, especially as the hand is hurting quite a lot. After three-four laps the pain really gets stronger and it’s hard to manage, even worse than in Austria. We are doing a great job and the bike improved a lot compared to yesterday. The goal is to work even hard to prepare the bike even better for a possible dry race.”
- Bradl testing a RC213V in Jerez
- 25 years: Repsol Honda present 2019 bike in Madrid
- Ducati evolution gallery: 2003-2019
- Follow the Repsol Honda Team presentation live!
- Pawi: “My intention is to completely change my mentality”
- Lorenzo completes operation and will miss the Sepang test
- KymiRing edges closer to completion
- 2019 MotoGP™ calendar confirmed!