The typical changeable weather of Silverstone hasn’t affected the results of Team Del Conca Gresini Moto3 too much in today’s qualifying, as Jorge Martin secured pole position for the seventh time in the season, while his team mate Fabio Di Giannantonio was fifth.
The session’s outcome was decided down to the wire, with Jorge Martin – who will be at the very front of the Moto3 grid for the 16thtime in his career – snatching pole position from his team mate courtesy of a 2’13.291 lap-time. Behind Martin, Masia was second for the smallest of gaps (0.001s), while Dalla Porta and Arenas pushed Fabio Di Giannantonio down to the middle of the second row.
With rain expected already from tomorrow morning, Team Del Conca Gresini will get ready for what will be an exciting Sunday of racing, with the race getting underway at 11:00 local time (GMT +1), after the 9am warm up.
1st – JORGE MARTIN #88
“I’m really happy and honestly I wasn’t expecting this pole position, especially as the hand is hurting quite a lot. After three-four laps the pain really gets stronger and it’s hard to manage, even worse than in Austria. We are doing a great job and the bike improved a lot compared to yesterday. The goal is to work even hard to prepare the bike even better for a possible dry race.”
- Dalla Porta: Moto3™’s unluckiest man?
- Aprilia, KTM continue testing in Barcelona
- That's a wrap: MotoE™ complete Valencia Test
- Double top ten for KTM, Pol 20 seconds closer to winner
- Suited, not booted: Riders celebrate #MotoGP70
- Photo gallery: MotoE™ race simulation
- Granado edges Garzo in MotoE™ simulation race
- So near and not so far away